In this month's article, we will refer to hydrotherapy and especially in its use in people with multiple sclerosis. Hydrotherapy refers to the application of water as a therapeutic agent. Hydrotherapy and health
The beneficial effect of water in combination with the various hydrotherapeutic methods is known by the father of Medicine, Hippocrates, and helps significantly in the rehabilitation and treatment of various diseases, especially in patients with multiple sclerosis.
Hydrotherapy and health
The principles and properties of water, such as buoyancy, hydrostatic pressure, resistance and temperature, are decisive for the treatment and progression of the patient.
Patients with multiple sclerosis need the therapeutic benefits offered by the properties of water. Then we briefly mention some of the therapeutic benefits that hydrotherapy can offer the patient:
· Muscle relaxation.
· Decreased sensitivity to pain.
· Reduction of muscle spasm and spasticity.
· Increase the ease of joint movement and maintain the trajectory of stiff joints.
· Reduction of gravitational forces.
· Improvement of peripheral and lymphatic function.
· Speed up recovery time and prevent complications.
· Improvement of body kinesthesia and trunk stability.
· Improvement of neuromuscular coordination facilitating the patient's functional rehabilitation and independence.
In addition to all the above benefits, resulting from the properties of water, water itself as an element can have a very positive effect on the treatment, raising the patient's psychology.
Thus the treatment in the water becomes much more pleasant and the patient can function much more comfortably. Perfect collaboration, feedback and the development of sociability, contribute to the achievement of the ideal result.
If a patient with multiple sclerosis, just thinks about some of the therapeutic benefits of water such as muscle relaxation, positive psychology, reduction of spasm and spasticity, he will immediately want to put hydrotherapy in his life, to do it as much as possible better.
This is the main goal of a worthwhile rehabilitation program and the reason to start a hydrotherapy program.